Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday, August 17, 2018

Welcome to our 5th grade class blog. This blog is an essential extension of our classroom. I will update the blog every Friday to let you know what we will be doing the following week. I will include due dates for projects and tests. You may even find a picture or two! Please sign up to receive an email every time I post to the blog. You can do this by entering your email in the "Follow By Email" section to the right of this post. I look forward to getting to know you and your children and sharing God's love them.


Happy Friday!
What a great first few days we had! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to teach your children. Below are a couple of things that we will be doing next week.

Next week
Religion: This year we will be studying the Old Testament and God's Promise to send a Savior.
Math: General: Our first test will test will be after lesson 10. You can find the online edition to our math book by clicking on websites above.
Transition: We will be skipping around the end of the 4th grade math book but a bit but we will have a test after our 10th lesson. The online math book can be found under the websites tab above.
Reading: We started reading the book Out of My Mind. The students are really getting in to the book.
Social Studies: Geographic features/Longitude and Latitude. We will have a Lat/Long quiz on Wednesday.
English: We will be working in our Interactive Notebooks taking notes on the 4 types of sentences and sentences in general (run on, fragment...)
Spelling: Lesson 1 (Pretest on Tuesday/Post test on Thursday) Contracts due Thursday (see Spelling packet). I will explain Spelling Contracts at Back to School Night but I have already explained it to the students. It can be a bit confusing so please ask questions if you don't understand. You can also find the spelling packet by clicking on the spelling tab above.
Memory: Morning Prayer due Tuesday and Evening Prayer due Friday (students were given a memory booklet with dates mapped out in it) You can also find out memory packet by click on the Memory tab above.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT ON TUESDAY THE 21st.

Enjoy our school picture this year.










Have a great restful weekend. I hope to see some of you on the golf course supporting Zion on Saturday.

 photo Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 9.41.36 PM.png

No comments:

Post a Comment